Replacing wiki pages?
Is this going to replace the application pages in this wiki? I think it should. —X1011 22:31, 25 July 2009 (UTC)
This has not been decided yet, but in all odds it eventually will. --Templarian 03:18, 3 August 2009 (UTC)
Page is now unprotected and moved to the application name space.rboatright 04:24, 30 July 2009 (UTC)
Quality control by sysops. --Templarian 22:44, 27 July 2009 (UTC)
are you saying that only sysops are capable of quality?
also, it says it's a discussion page. how can it be if it's protected?
—X1011 07:30, 29 July 2009 (UTC)
I forgot to unprotect the preware page when I moved it -- sorry rboatright
- instead of <firmware>:
<source lang='xml'> <webOSVersion>
<source lang='xml'> <maintainer id="42">
<name>John Doe</name> <email>email@example.com</email>
- should a category have an id? everything else does.
- in the review, you have the type in the message tag, but in the comment, you have it in the messages tag.
- <comment> should be <text> or <body>
- in <comment>, what do you mean by 'split it somewhere'?
preware.org/feed/xml/type/have a meaning? if not, we should use:
<source lang='text'> preware.org/feed/xml/application/23/ preware.org/feed/xml/plugin/23/ </source>
—X1011 09:27, 29 July 2009 (UTC)
- Agreed with all suggestions in this section, and they are now reflected in the article. --Templarian 02:33, 3 August 2009 (UTC)
For "preware.org/feed/xml/application/23/" since it shares id's, couldn't it just be "/xml/23/". --Templarian
GUI Addition: Version# and Changelog
Idea: Add a small "Details" or "+" button on the app and plugins pages. It can go at the end of the description, or possibly to the right of the very large "Install/Delete" button. It may not be wanted though. I know we don't want to show version numbers on the app page, but I'd love to have some way to access the version number and changelog from within the Preware app, even if its semi-hidden. I read the results of Rick's papercraft gui study, and agree with a lot of the comments, but I still feel like this is something that would be helpful to have available somewhere in the app, even if it isn't immediately obvious how to get to it (since its not something that is necessarily required by the average user). --Zinge 02:29, 3 August 2009 (UTC)
Changes reflected in the Preware Application mockup image. --Templarian 02:46, 3 August 2009 (UTC)
Looks good, but we may want to change the "list" icon to something that look less like "go back to the app list". My suggestions are- are lowercase "i" or the "+" symbol. Any better ideas? --Zinge 02:56, 3 August 2009 (UTC)
lowercase i is the correct icon, I changed it to reflect that in the mockup. --Templarian 03:11, 3 August 2009 (UTC)
For the first screenshot I think it would be best if we made it so that the buttons resize. No scrolling in any form even if there notifications below it. --Templarian
Do you think we should put the versions next to all of them to be consistent? --Templarian 02:33, 5 August 2009 (UTC)
what is the purpose of having a license id? —X1011 04:51, 5 August 2009 (UTC)
Since the Preware app is listed for Open Source projects it was mentioned it would be nice to have it listed on the information button (which may be moved to a drop down at the right of the top title). Really treating the info screen as the information normal users do not care about seeing immediately. The license id is just a standard id that will never change. --Templarian 14:12, 5 August 2009 (UTC)
are you saying the name of a license is likely to change? i doubt that. if you must have a license id, though, just make it a number like all the other ids. —X1011 04:35, 6 August 2009 (UTC)
Yea, probably change that to a number sometime. --Templarian 05:29, 6 August 2009 (UTC)
Features and Suggestions
Adding some suggestions... --Czar 14:16, 17 August 2009 (UTC)
- Remove (or mark) already installed applications in the Available Applications category.
Adding some suggestions... --Decimation 15:14, 17 August 2009 (EST)
- Show a progress bar or some sort of notification of the download/installation progress of an app..it would really be nice to have some feedback after clicking install.
- Change the pop up dialog when an app is installed/removed... it's kinda ugly. Maybe show a notification at the bottom? That would be pretty cool.
- The popup dialog is temporary until the service can supply progress of the action. When there is a progress bar, the popup will no longer be needed. --oil 20:44, 20 August 2009 (UTC)
Adding some suggestions... -- (xorg)
- Option to sort complete app list by newest first (as filecoaster does) (update now has this)
- Descriptions of each app
- Descriptions will come when the feed supports them. (hopefully soonish) --oil 20:44, 20 August 2009 (UTC)
Adding some suggestions...for way into the future -- (s4mb4)
- a process that would hook into the notification system to notify of available updates.
Adding some suggestions... -- Tlp 23:30, 18 August 2009 (UTC)
- Swipe installed applications in list to uninstall
- Is there a time where you want to remove multiple apps? (multiple as in more then a couple.) --oil 20:44, 20 August 2009 (UTC)
Adding some suggestions... Flare576 17:49, 19 August 2009 (UTC)
- In addition to xorg's suggestion: screen shots are also supported by filecoaster; perhaps standardizing description/screen shots in the repositories?
- Screenshots will come when the feed supports them. (hopefully soonish) --oil 20:44, 20 August 2009 (UTC)
Adding some suggestions... --Xorg 16:09, 20 August 2009 (UTC)
- Great that you can no see new/updated apps in 'List of Everything'. Suggest to rename 'List of Everything' to List of Newest/Updated Apps or something else that indicates this is best way to see newest apps (that may not be installed yet).
- Or consider another choice to list only new apps, excluding things already installed.
- The list of everything is called that because in the future it will not list only applications. The list of everything will include patches/themes/whatever else we decide to add to the preware installer. At which point we will add an "All" option to the available applications category list. --oil 20:44, 20 August 2009 (UTC)
Adding some suggestions... --Decimation 12:30, 20 August 2009 (EST)
- Adding an "Update All" button to the update menu would be cool.. convenience is key ;)
Issues 0.5 first public release
- Was working fine first several updates over several hours. Now for last day, just get spinning 'Updating' at startup. (xorg)
- seems 0.5.1 corrected that.
- I've updated to 0.5.1 and it ran first time ok. Second time get continuous spinning update. (xorg)
- Reinstalled, now working again - for now. (xorg)