Replacing wiki pages?
Is this going to replace the application pages in this wiki? I think it should. —X1011 22:31, 25 July 2009 (UTC)
Page is now unprotected and moved to the application name space.rboatright 04:24, 30 July 2009 (UTC)
Quality control by sysops. --Templarian 22:44, 27 July 2009 (UTC)
are you saying that only sysops are capable of quality?
also, it says it's a discussion page. how can it be if it's protected?
—X1011 07:30, 29 July 2009 (UTC)
I forgot to unprotect the preware page when I moved it -- sorry rboatright
- instead of <firmware>:
<source lang='xml'> <webOSVersion>
<source lang='xml'> <maintainer id="42">
<name>John Doe</name> <email>email@example.com</email>
- should a category have an id? everything else does.
- in the review, you have the type in the message tag, but in the comment, you have it in the messages tag.
- <comment> should be <text> or <body>
- in <comment>, what do you mean by 'split it somewhere'?
preware.org/feed/xml/type/have a meaning? if not, we should use:
<source lang='text'> preware.org/feed/xml/application/23/ preware.org/feed/xml/plugin/23/ </source>
—X1011 09:27, 29 July 2009 (UTC)
- Agreed with all suggestions in this section, and they are now reflected in the article. --Templarian 02:33, 3 August 2009 (UTC)
GUI Addition: Version# and Changelog
Idea: Add a small "Details" or "+" button on the app and plugins pages. It can go at the end of the description, or possibly to the right of the very large "Install/Delete" button. It may not be wanted though. I know we don't want to show version numbers on the app page, but I'd love to have some way to access the version number and changelog from within the Preware app, even if its semi-hidden. I read the results of Rick's papercraft gui study, and agree with a lot of the comments, but I still feel like this is something that would be helpful to have available somewhere in the app, even if it isn't immediately obvious how to get to it (since its not something that is necessarily required by the average user). --Zinge 02:29, 3 August 2009 (UTC)
- Changes reflected in the Preware Application mockup image. --Templarian 02:46, 3 August 2009 (UTC)
- Looks good, but we may want to change the "list" icon to something that look less like "go back to the app list". My suggestions are:
are lowercase "i" or the "+" symbol. Any better ideas? --Zinge 02:56, 3 August 2009 (UTC)
- lowercase i is the correct icon, I changed it to reflect that in the mockup. --Templarian 03:11, 3 August 2009 (UTC)