Proposal to install Homebrew apps on /media/internal (USB partition)
--Xorg 18:07, 15 September 2009 (UTC)
I'd like to propose that Homebrew apps be installed in...
/media/internal/homebrewapps (or other appropriate dir name)
PreWare and other installers would need to setup /etc/palm/luna.conf to point to the app path.
1) PreWare checks on each startup in..
and checks that ...
...is added to the end of ApplicationPath. If not, append it.
2) Promote to developers who are not concerned about exposed code to use that path as the home for their apps.
3) Future PreWare version could have option to move homebrew apps from /var/usr/palm to /media/internal/homebrewapps
- Source is exposed to anyone, including non-power users, when mounting the USB drive
- PreWare or other homebrew installer apps would need to check on every startup that AppPath is correct, update if not.