- Can't seem to figure out how to paste something that was copied from another app/msg/web site. The old paste shortcut of "Gesture + V" doesn't work (because its being used for other things). I tried to "Insert" shortcut, but it didn't do anything. --Zinge 08:58, 7 August 2009 (UTC)
- Tossing in another request to get a solution in for pasting: as it stands there is no way to get some symbols (specifically curly braces) into the terminal - tough to do a rescan :) -- Flare576 17:51, 20 August 2009 (UTC)
Scrolling in BX is fixed. Thanks! terminal is a killer app.
Still have a bug when typing a message in IRC that's long enough to require horizontal scrolling. Instead of scrolling it does weird single-char newlines and status bar is lost.
Also when using arrow keys to move around in vim (with TERM=linux and syntax/color on), what seems to be ansi color code artifacts are printed. Arrows do work, but it's unusable due to artifacts. --T3rmin 18:05, 14 August 2009 (UTC)
New Version Changelog?
The newest version from the feed seems to be 0.1.6. Anybody know what changes have been made? --Zinge 19:30, 1 August 2009 (UTC)
Font Size Feature Request
Well done! I notice that there are two fonts, normal and small. Would it be possible to add an intermediate font size? The 40 col is to large for seeing much and the 80 col is far to small. Would it be possible to have a ~60col font? --Dreadchicken
- Also, could you add a "large" font size? I don't like the small sizes for little one-line commands (wget, etc). I guess ultimately it'd be nice to have in that combo box a handful of sizes. Thank you so much for the mind-blowing awesomeness of this app, by the way. Michaelb 18:46, 17 August 2009 (UTC)
Broadcast messages when phone sleeps/wakes
Has anyone figured out how to stop the broadcast messages generated on the Terminal when the phone sleeps and wakes? They clobber whatever's on the screen if you happen to turn off the phone while Terminal is open.
Other than this, great app. I'm eternally grateful. :) --zorinlynx
I'm not sure if this will help, but there is a quilt patch in the gitorious modification for disabling some messages to the log. http://gitorious.org/webos-internals/modifications/blobs/master/luna/quiet-powerd-messages.patch --plee3 21:05, 3 August 2009 (UTC)
Thank you! This has resolved the issue. --Zorinlynx 21:24, 3 August 2009 (UTC)
Any way to enter < or > chars? Kinda tough to dump output to a file without. --Daemon
These characters have not been implemented yet, but as a work-around, you can use tee or tee -a. --JackieRipper
Colors Sticking, and Permissions
Would it be possible to set the foreground color permanently, so that I don't havve to set it each time I log in?
I've also noticed that when I open the application, sometimes it automatically logs me in as root. How can I disable this?
Thanks for your awesome work!! -hopspitfire 05:47, 16 August 2009 (UTC)
I think one solution for disabling root access is to go into
and edit session-assistant.js Search for the line that reads
and change 'root' to your username. Clebio 20:57, 16 August 2009 (UTC)
- That worked perfectly! Thank you.
- I'm still having trouble with the colors sticking, now when I change a color in the preferences menu and go back to the terminal, the entire screen freezes (It responds to <orange><sym><r>, but won't show the boot logo as it's shutting down, and ssh responds normally). Is this a bug? -hopspitfire 04:13, 17 August 2009 (UTC)
- I get this too when I try to change preferences. Michaelb 18:51, 17 August 2009 (UTC)
- The problem has been fixed after the new update (0.1.9), THANKS! -hopspitfire 21:00, 19 August 2009 (UTC)
Terminal displays blank screen after install
It will display nothing that I type, I have tried rebooting the phone with no luck. I did see an message that looked like an error during the install:
Configuring org.webosinternals.termplugin (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.termplugin.postinst)
Could the offline root mode error above be causing this? I was not in Dev mode when I installed this, should I have been?
Curved mask blocks text on screen corners
There used to be padding on the top and bottom of the screen to keep the curved corners of the mojo view from blocking text. Why were they removed? --Zorinlynx 02:12, 20 August 2009 (UTC)