Features and Suggestions
Adding some suggestions... --Decimation 15:14, 17 August 2009 (EST)
- Show a progress bar or some sort of notification of the download/installation progress of an app..it would really be nice to have some feedback after clicking install.
- Change the pop up dialog when an app is installed/removed... it's kinda ugly. Maybe show a notification at the bottom? That would be pretty cool.
- The popup dialog is temporary until the service can supply progress of the action. When there is a progress bar, the popup will no longer be needed. --oil 20:44, 20 August 2009 (UTC)
Adding some suggestions... -- (xorg)
- Descriptions of each app
- Descriptions will come when the feed supports them. (hopefully soonish) --oil 20:44, 20 August 2009 (UTC)
Adding some suggestions...for way into the future -- (s4mb4)
- a process that would hook into the notification system to notify of available updates.
Adding some suggestions... -- Tlp 23:30, 18 August 2009 (UTC)
- Swipe installed applications in list to uninstall
- Is there a time where you want to remove multiple apps? (multiple as in more then a couple.) --oil 20:44, 20 August 2009 (UTC)
Adding some suggestions... Flare576 17:49, 19 August 2009 (UTC)
- In addition to xorg's suggestion: screen shots are also supported by filecoaster; perhaps standardizing description/screen shots in the repositories?
- Screenshots will come when the feed supports them. (hopefully soonish) --oil 20:44, 20 August 2009 (UTC)
Adding some suggestions... --Xorg 16:09, 20 August 2009 (UTC)
- Great that you can no see new/updated apps in 'List of Everything'. Suggest to rename 'List of Everything' to List of Newest/Updated Apps or something else that indicates this is best way to see newest apps (that may not be installed yet).
- Or consider another choice to list only new apps, excluding things already installed.
- The list of everything is called that because in the future it will not list only applications. The list of everything will include patches/themes/whatever else we decide to add to the preware installer. At which point we will add an "All" option to the available applications category list. --oil 20:44, 20 August 2009 (UTC)
Adding some suggestions... --Decimation 12:30, 20 August 2009 (EST)
- Adding an "Update All" button to the update menu would be cool.. convenience is key ;)
Adding some suggestions... -- Flare576 13:53, 24 August 2009 (UTC)
- Since "List of Everything" holds more than just "normal apps," it would be important for there to be a way to see "All Available Apps." I suggest removing the first page of "genres" under "Available Applications," and having the first page people see be the secondary page (ie: the one after you choose a genre) with the default Genre of "All." Then, if desired, people can use the drop down to drill into an area they care about.
If there is a concern about loading up hundreds of apps when first opening that scene (and there should be concern), or if the "Normal User" likes genre filtering, perhaps leave the initial Genre page as it is, but simply add an "All" Genre so that folks that check daily can just see what's been added/updated. Maybe there needs to be a paging system so that the device only has to worry about 100 apps at a time? Or maybe not if you guys use a clever div/hide system, I don't know :)
Suggestion: StoneRyno 00:47, 29 August 2009 (UTC)
- Add a most recent selection to show most recent new apps and updates like the official app catalog has.
Suggestion...--Cdjh 15:50, 30 August 2009 (UTC)
Add a feature which will remove all patches and modifications to webos before a webos update. The app could see/track all patches such as the virtual keyboard and remove all of them with one button so the user can update webos without fear. One button to reinstall them would also be cool.